Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Introduction

Thanks to my readers for your support, it only enhances my enthusiasm and it makes me so happy that you'd like to hear more!

At this point, it is only appropriate to further introduce myself and provide you with a few of my interests and quirks that may assist you as you are reading the blog.  These precursors may explain some of my writings, so here are a few things you should know about me.


  • Family always comes first.  I have an amazing family that has shaped me into the individual I am today, and encouraged me to always do my best.  I am extremely grateful to have grown up in such a loving environment.  My mom, Cynthia, and dad, Bob, truly are my heroes (Cliche? Too bad because its true!) They have provided me with everything I need to start heading towards a successful future, including love and support.  Although my sister Alicia and I have struggled through our relationship over the years, I believe that we will soon see this turn into a special bond.  My Auntie Paula, Uncle Rob, and cousins Nick and Lindsay are a part of my immediate family.  The eight of us are unstoppable; I have had the best times in my life when we are all together.

My family and I in Maine
  • Aside from my ridiculous procrastination of the creation of this blog, I am a highly self-motivated individual.  Now that this has been created, I know my dedicated and motivated nature will cause me to develop an addiction to frequent blogging.  From working out early in the morning to thoroughly completing an assignment way before the due date, I typically don't need an extra push to complete anything.
  • I am from a small town in Rhode Island, and discovered the true meaning of "you don't appreciate home until you leave it," when I came to Marist my freshman year.  I wanted OUT of Rhode Island; I did not apply anywhere in-state, on to bigger and better things for me!  But Rhode Island is such an amazing place: the city, the beach, the people, the Providence Place Mall!! Rhode Island will forever be my home, and I appreciate everything I learned while growing up there.
  • I spent my summers down by the shore surrounded by friends and family who truly know how to enjoy life at a beach club in Narragansett.  Our circle of friends comes down each weekend to enjoy each other's company in this beautiful beach cabana community.  We never fail to laugh until we cry as we indulgence in food, drink, and beautiful weather well beyond sunset.  This group has become my family, and has helped to shape who I am.
  • I am one of the lucky ones who has found true, deep, and everlasting love with my boyfriend, Cal.  We just met last summer, but I can't imagine a life without him now.  Although we are both so young and have a lot ahead of us, we know that life is going to be an amazing, beautiful ride as we help each other meet our goals and discover new dreams.
  • My boyfriend Cal and I at the top of the Duomo, Firenze
  • I am of 100% Italian heritage, but never fully discovered the beauty of the art, culture, and language until I studied abroad in Florence, Italy for four months this past fall.  Here, I discovered a true passion for everything Italian.  I learned the language and can speak it fairly well, but am DEATHLY afraid of losing it.  Studying abroad was by far the best decision I ever made, and I will refer to my experiences abroad frequently.  I also spent some time exploring other European destinations, and found that I've now opened a can of worms; I want to see it ALL.
    Duomo, Firenze, Italia
  • Over the past couple of years, I have become a self-proclaimed athlete.  Friends who knew me in high school would hysterically laugh if you told them that today I go to the gym and run 3.5 miles on the treadmill.  I was known as the girly-girl dancer and cheerleader, but I have redefined myself through activities and classes at the gym that I love participating in.
  • I LOVE trying new things, a revelation that came to me at an older age.  As a kid, consistency was key.  But today, the thought of eating the same meal at the same restaurant twice, or traveling to the same destination over and over again makes me cringe.  This world has SO much to offer.. why not give every bit of it a try?  Yes, there may be many disappointments, but to me they are worth the try.
There are so many more things that I can't think of at this moment, but past and new discoveries about myself will be made through this blogging journey.


1 comment:

  1. Marissa, thanks for reminding us about one of the basic tenants of social media -- relationships based on media networks and electronic communication won't ever replace our personal relationships and face-to-face communication. Wonderful family.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete